Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Whats a Sea Gypsy"?


I am a SeA gYpsY. A wanderer. At least my brain is a "wanderer"... And the Sea.... well... my love for the ocean goes back as far as I can remember. Playing in the waves at Sand Hill Cove. Mom would pack up the kids. Sometimes she would make us go strawberry picking first and tell us that if we picked a certain amount we could go to the beach... well, little did we know... we were about 5 minutes from the beach and Mom had made herself a handy little plan. Smart Lady!! She still is smart. Wendy and I had the most fun at the beach... and prob. went the most often. You see.. the beach was an ENTIRE hour from our house and if you live in Rhode Island...well, thats a LONG ride!! LOL. I just always loved the water... oceans, ponds. Mermaids are sort of a new "kick" I'm on. I was introduced to altered art and a mermaid was the first thing that I altered and then I got a job and was surrounded by mermaids and the rest is history... I love mermaids. So thats the story to "Whats a Sea Gypsy"? Or we could go with "I travel the seas in a huge yacht with servants and maids and live very large." That would be fun... but it would get old... knowing me. The Sea Gypsy.

1 comment:

lovedigikits said...

Dear Laurie, Your story about the broken sea shells is so touching and so true. I happen to love Sea Gypsy's the ones that just love the sea. Being raised in MO then moved to MI the sea has never been near but knowing a Sea Gypsy is as good as it can get. My next doll is going to be a Siren, she will be my best doll ever, I feel it in my heart.
We were meant to meet,it always happens that way, there's a force that brings souls together that share the same message that we do. It's imprinted on our souls and we reach out for others who have the same imprint. Wheather we know it consciously or not we are drawn to each other.
I hope your injury feels much better soon. I understand constant pain but the pain in my body is something that I know will pass, it's the pain in my heart that will never heal.
Love & Hugs
Bernie