Friday, August 8, 2008

To My Michael

Thank God we have our memories to keep you so alive, those memories have become many people drive... getting through another day without you physically by.
You and I had so many fun times... searching for Indian arrowheads, riding bikes, "our" movie, "Planes, Trains & Automobiles"... oh how we laughed. A man you soon became. My most valued treasure? Your loyalty to me. We shared a special bond... my first born child and my friend.
Looking at the above picture which is dedicated to you... reminds me of a conversation that we once shared about "feeling small as we stood beside the ocean". I look at this picture and I see a majestic power in the background as the waves crash so strong and loud... then my eyes move forward to where the loudness eventually turns to silent, tiny bubbles... that eventually disappear. Perhaps that is why I feel so small when I stand beside the ocean... its a lot like life. Ever changing. Sometimes mesmerizing, serene and fierce.
I miss you son, my own "piece of the ocean"... with that captivating smile and those hugs so strong and from your heart. Your loyalty toward me will always be a treasure. Thank you for that, Mike.
I'll meet you "at the ocean"...
Mom

1 comment:

calicokitty6 said...

Hi. That's a beautiful poem and memorial. I love the picture of the surf.