Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To My Wonderful Mom


Hi Mom... I just want you and the world wide web to know how much I love you. I have joined this 29 day giving challenge and if nothing else...it makes me think. But you know what? I am generally a giving person. I think that is because I grew up watching a woman who always was giving, giving, giving of herself to others in need. For those of you who may be reading this and so not know us... I had a terrible accident in March of this year. It was my mother who stood by my bedside, MADE ME EAT, lifted my legs to help me in and out of bed (I had 4 fractured lower lumbar)... covered me over with covers, answered my beckons from the bed... made sure I got up and tried desperately to prevent me from not getting too deeplt in to a depression. It was my mother whose face I wanted to see when I was at a very low point one day... and by golly..she drove clear over her and her at my home is where she and her husband, Cliff stayed for 6 weeks.

She nursed me and loved me... even when I was "unloveable" and stubborn, and being a brat.

She loved me through all of it... she drove me back and forth to the hospital and sat by my side.

She wiped my tears, made me face my fears and was my rock. For that and so many other reasons... my mother has been my "rock". Sometimes it takes a long time to realize that. Heres to you , Mom. I hope you like the picture. I love you.

No comments: